The first regular season of the Overwatch League has come to an end and across all 40 matches a few players rose up to stand head and shoulders above their fellow competitors and proved themselves to be the best of the best. In recognition of that, the Overwatch League is hosting its first ever All Star Weekend and the starting rosters for both teams have just been announced.
The Atlantic Division
- Bang “Jjonak” Seong-Hyun - NYXL, support
- Park “Saebyeolbe” Jong-Ryeol, NYXL, offense
- Kim “Pine” Do-Hyeon, NYXL, flex
- Hong “Ark” Yeon-Jun, NYXL, support
- Lee “Carpe” Jae-Hyeok, Fusion, offense
- Hong “Gesture” Jae-Hui, Spitfire, tank
The Atlantic Division is an interesting one because so many of the players come from just one team and deservedly so. The four players that are taking a trip to the All Star game help form the backbone of NYXL, far and away the first season’s best team. But, an important and special shout out to Carpe and Gesture, who both put up incredible performances this season to earn their spot on the otherwise NY heavy roster.
The Pacific Division
- Baek “Fissure” Chan-Hyung, Gladiators, tank
- Scott “Custa” Kennedy, Valiant, support
- Kim “Geguri” Se-Yeon, Dragons, tank
- Kim “Fleta” Byung-Sun, Dynasty, offense
- Ryu “Ryujehong” Je-Hong, Dynasty, flex
- Brandon “Seasgull” Larned, Fuel, flex
As for the Pacific Division, things are a bit more divided, with no team clearly dominant throughout the entire season. Instead, we have members of the team that have each had their moment to shine. From the most recent stage winners, the Valiant, to the perennially under-performing Seoul Dynasty, all the way down to the Shanghai Dragons the Pacific found its All Star team from quite a few different places.
24 more players will be selected by Overstretch League players, coaches and staff to give each roster an additional 12 players and round out the All Star teams.
The All Star weekend will kick off on August 24 with show matches and skill competitions, while the official games will be held on August 25 in Los Angeles, California at the Blizzard Esports Arena.